Testing is for purebred AMTC registrable breeds and implemented for parentage and genetic identity verification purposes only. Does not verify breed identification. AMTC breed identification is done thru Wisdom Panel ~ Optimal Selection or thru ACCU-Metrics ~ Viaguard.
Below, you will find information regarding AMTC DNA & Health Testing Information
The AMTC DNA Profiling brings parentage testing technology to AMTC breeders and members. A cheek swab brush is used to collect the DNA sample from the dog, and returned to the AMTC. The sample is processed by AMTC’s DNA service provider, Animal Genetics, and the resulting genotype is entered into the American Morkshire Terrier Registry™️ (AMTR) DNA Database. The information is used to verify parentage of ATMC breeding dogs and for genetic identity purposes. AMTC DNA does not determine the breed of a dog or if a dog is purebred. This technology allows breeders, dog owners, and the AMTC to ensure that the AMTC Registry is accurate.
AMTC DNA KITS
AMTC DNA PROFILING USAGE
What AMTC uses DNA Profiling for:
- DNA Profiling may be used to determine the correct Sire and Dam of a litter before registering that litter, such as in cases where the dam was exposed to more than one male during her season and litters in question. Additionally, the AMTC can register litters with more than one sire. Follow this link for more information about this policy multiple sired litters.
- DNA Profiling is required for stud dogs whose semen is collected for fresh-extended or frozen use. AMTC DNA Profiling is also required for frequently used sires and dams - these dogs must be AMTR registered after 1st litter and any subsequent litters, effective for litters whelped on or after July 1, 2019, and for imported breeding stock registered on or after August 1, 2019.
- The dog owner will receive a copy of DNA profile for each dog sampled. Additionally, for dogs individually registered at the time the DNA sample is received by the AMTC, the DNA Profile Number will be added to that dog’s registration record, and will appear on all Registration Certificates and Pedigrees issued in the future. Dogs who have already processed their DNA through a lab AMTC recognizes prior to August 1, 2019 can send a copy of their DNA records to AMTC so the dog can become AMTC DNA Profiled.
- Customer DNA complaint Policy.
AMTC DNA BREED IDENTIFICATION
AMTC has genetic markers set for the American Morkshire Terrier breed. The following genetic labs: Wisdom Panel ~ Optimal Selection and ACCU-Viaguard are the only two labs that have been approved for AMTC DNA Breed Identification for this breed.
- Wisdom Panel ~ Optimal Selection's DNA cheek swab test is a simple and easy-to-use way to help you understand your dog's health along with traits and genetic diversity increasing their well-being.
- ACCU~Viaguard's simple cheek swab DNA test lets you learn your dog's breed and gain insight into the unique genetic background of your dog. This includes the history of their breed, personality traits and exercise level requirements. This is a precise scientific test based that allows you to determine the breeds included in your dog’s heritage.
AMTC HEALTH TESTING
AMTC's Testing Requirement is a response to the commitment to health demonstrated by the American Morkshire Terrier Club, Inc., (AMTC) Mission Statement, not only in its strong Code of Ethics requiring health screenings, but also in the foundation of the American Morkshire Terrier breed.
For further information about this or other DNA information, contact AMTC.
©2021 American Morkshire Terrier Club, Inc.® All rights reserved.